The Coalition to End Social Isolation and Loneliness released their 2023-2024 Policy Priorities. The Priorities reflect the work of the Foundation for Social Connection’s Scientific Advisory Council (SAC)— notably the Systems approach of Cross-sector Integration and Action across the Lifespan (SOCIAL) Framework. The SOCIAL Framework includes sector-specific reports across the lifespan and at the individual, interpersonal, organizational, and community levels which align with the Coalition’s priorities. The overarching Policy Priorities include:
- Increasing public awareness regarding social isolation and loneliness and their effect on health, belonging, well-being, and resilience.
- Enhancing social services and supports to address social isolation and loneliness and promote social connection.
- Advancing health services and supports to address social isolation and loneliness and promote social connection.
- Leveraging innovative solutions that foster connection and social integration.
- Advancing research to establish the prevalence of social isolation, loneliness, and connection.