Join our Team
POLICY Advisor / ANALYST
The Policy Advisor or Analyst provides legal, regulatory, policy, and strategic advice to clients that include some of the top health plans, provider organizations, industry coalitions, and health facilities throughout the country. Feeling confident and comfortable in performing legal and/or regulatory interpretation and analysis in a fast-paced environment is a must.
· Engage in strategic consulting with clients to help identify and pursue new business opportunities, often at the intersection of business and policy. Make connections between developments in the policy and regulatory world with client business development opportunities and work with a team to translate these opportunities into concrete plans.
· Work as a part of a team to provide analysis to clients on various aspects of health care policy, regulation, and operations.
· Track and interpret federal rule-making, official administrative actions, and legislative proposals.
· Monitor and analyze evolving health care issues and related reports.
· Conduct background research and support development of health policy materials.
· Draft and edit written materials for clients, including formal papers, memos, PowerPoints, and comment letters.
· Bachelor’s degree required. J.D. or equivalent advanced degree with 4+ years of experience in health care policy or regulation preferred. Title and compensation will be commensurate with education and experience.
· Expertise (preferred) or working knowledge on policy/regulations related to one or more (preferred) of the following:
o Private health insurance, including the ACA and Exchange-related requirements and/or the group market;
o Public insurance programs (i.e., Medicare/Medicare Advantage, Medicaid/Medicaid Managed Care);
o Alternative payment models, including MACRA/QPP;
o Advanced / serious illness and end of life issues;
o Post-acute and continuing care issues;
o Provider contracting and licensure; and/or
o Pharmacy-related practices and policies, including pricing and contracting.
· Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to present complex information to audiences with varying backgrounds and in a variety of formats, ranging from PowerPoint presentations and short summaries to detailed memos and white papers.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· Must have a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to meet the needs of multiple clients as they arise.
· Transactional or business development experience a plus, including healthcare-related contract work.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and indicate “Policy Advisor/Analyst” in the subject line.